- 48G Coffee
- 710G Water
- Filter Cone
- Pour Kettle
Chemex brew guide
- Open the Chemex-Bonded coffee filter into a cone. One side should have three layers. Place the cone in the top of your coffeemaker with the thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- Weigh out 47-50g of coffee and grind to a Medium Coarse grind.
- Rinse your filter with hot water and discard the water. Place your ground coffee leveled into your filter.
- Heat your water to 205 degrees. Once the water reaches to 205, remove it from the heat and pour 120g (about 4 oz) of water over the coffee grounds, just enough to wet them without floating. This is important because it allows the grounds to “bloom,” to release the desirable coffee elements.
- After about 35 seconds of pre-infusion, simply pour more water continuously in a clockwise motion until you’ve poured and completed 700-715g (about 24-25 oz) of water.
- Let the water finish dripping and then enjoy.