- 18-19g Espresso-ground Coffee
- Espresso Machine
Espresso brew guide
- Fill the filter basket with 18-19 grams (0.5 oz) of ground coffee in your porta filter.
- Using your index finger, level out the grounds covering the gaps around the porta filter, creating a flat bed on top.
- Rest your porta filter on the counter or table top, then using your tamper, apply an even 30 lbs of pressure (in other terms, push down until the counter or table top pushes back) on your coffee bed you just created then remove tamper.
- Clean off any excess coffee grounds around the porta filter.
- Purge your group head to rinse off older grounds then place your porta filter back in the group head securing it's tightly locked in.
- Start your brew. (On your settings, you'd want to be around 9 bars of atm pressure with 200 degrees fahrenheit of brewing water temperature).
- We recommend your yield to be at 1.5-2.0 oz achieved within 25-30 seconds with a nice honey or dark golden tan color.
- Enjoy with cold milk, steamed milk, almond milk, hot water, or just by itself!