- 25g Coffee
- 400g Water
- French Press
French Press brew guide
- Boil as much water as needed for the amount of coffee you want to make.
- Coarsely grind coffee beans.
- Pre-heat your French press by filling it with warm water from the faucet.
- Boil water. Allow boiled water to rest at a temperature of 195 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour warm water out of the press and add ground coffee. Use two level tablespoons for every 6 oz of water.
- Pour just enough hot water over grounds to pre-infuse them. Fresh coffee will expand as gas escapes.
- Pour in remaining water and stir.
- Place the plunger over the press to keep the heat in, but don’t press it down just yet.
- Let the coffee brew 3 to 4 minutes.
- Push plunger down slowly.
- Decant your coffee and enjoy.