- 25G (5 TSP) Coffee
- 400G (14 OZ) Water
- Hario V60 Dripper
- Filter Cone
- Pour Kettle with boiling water
V60 Pour Over brew guide
- Open the filter into a cone. Now place the dripper on your cup or decanter with your paper paper filter in place. We recommend to pre-wet the paper filter to eliminate the paper taste.
- Measure 25-27 grams (4-5 teaspoons) of medium-fine freshly ground coffee, pour into paper filter, and level out the coffee into a flat bed for a more even extraction.
- Pour around 2-3 oz of boiling water using your pour kettle to pre-wet or bloom the coffee grounds to release the gases to help you brew smoothly. Wait roughly 30 secs after wetting until the coffee stops bubbling (the bubbling or releasing of gases can affect the smoothness of your brew - yielding an uneven extraction).
- Pour the rest of your water left in your kettle (roughly 11-12 oz) using a continuous circular motion and slow stream in the center at about the size of a half dollar.
- Wait until all of your water goes through the grounds. Brew should take roughly about 2-3 minutes after boiling water first touches the coffee.