Cafiza Cleaning Powder
Designed especially for use with espresso machines. Cafiza espresso machine cleaning powder offers a concentrated formula that eliminates residue in group heads, valves, and machine lines for a more efficient machine and better tasting product. Integral to any daily back flush cleaning regimen.
Foam and solubility balanced for optimal rinsing, this espresso cleaner provides the right amount of suds and yet rinses away completely. It is listed by OMRI for use in organic production so you can use it in your eco-friendly business without worrying about losing organic status
Instructions for Use on Professional Espresso Machines
Always follow manufacturer’s cleaning and disassembly instructions. All mix ratios may be modified if a stronger solution is desired. For comfort and safety use rubber gloves and eye protection.
Backflush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza® Powder. Insert portafilter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter. Activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Cafiza® Powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of portafilter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6 g) of Cafiza® Powder per 32 oz (1 L) of hot water.
- Rinse with clean hot water.